Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When the rain washes you clean, you'll know.

I saved an image from my other blog on tumblr.com. It's a thirty day challenge. Since I feel like I will not be judged here, I will be posting it here. The image will not be posted, but I will write the statement/question down prior to answering. In addition to my little diary entries I write here, I will post my entry for the challenge in the post, as well.


Day 01: Your current relationship, if single, discuss how single life is.


Yo estoy solo. No, I'm not actually going to write this whole thing out in Spanish, if that was what you were wondering. 


Single life, huh. Some might find it glamourous, and I don't blame them. I honestly don't. I've never been in a legitimate relationship, so, I suppose I can't really give insight from both sides. I don't mind being single. There isn't that much stress worrying about the other person in terms of "Do they still love/like me? Oh, I hope they're not mad at me! I have to remember so-and-so date, otherwise they'll get really mad at me!". I believe that love in the teenage form is more of a lust, rather than what people are looking for later in their life. It's completely unstable and it's almost childish. For most of my time in high school (A whopping two years, guys), I've trained not to fall for anyone unless they really strike me as something special. "So, aren't you training yourself not to love?". No, not exactly. Yes, I also believe that relationships are incredibly distracting towards school work. I honestly can't be distracted by anything like that if I want to go to college. For a while, that was my mindset. But, I faced the facts, I  became very lenient to that moral in my head. I suppose I'm sort of glad. 


Single life isn't even necessarily alone, you know? You've got your friends and your family. If you're in a bad break-up, if they truly care about you, they'll help you through it and take away the pain. Most of the time, I think that my friends are better than any love I could get from a boy. Why? They make you laugh and you've got great memories from just being with them. You forget something, they won't detonate. They might even make fun of you for your horrid memory. They bring you no stress if they're your true friends, and that's that. While a boy can smash you into pieces and leave you mend yourself, your friends will pull you through that garbage. 


Of course, the idea of being coveted by another is incredibly charming and enticing. I mean, how great is it to know that somebody out there in this world loves you, and only you! Even a stranger who doesn't know you, that's an interesting feeling (I wouldn't say great, but it does make you open your eyes a bit). 


"Faith, it drives me away. But, it turns me on like a stranger's love. It rockets through the Universe, it fuels the lies and feeds the curse. And we too, could be glorious." 'Glorious' by Muse.
This essentially sums up what I have to say about the stranger's love tangent. 

If you didn't feel like reading all of that then this is a synopsis: Single life is good, but not great. Relationships are cool, but stressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment