Friday, December 17, 2010

And I always find something wrong. You've putting up with my shit just way too long.

I'd be lying if I said this song does not make me cry or incredibly sad. I know that it's horribly profane and it's necessarily that "deep" (Depending on what your definition of deep is. I'm aware that it varies). I don't know why I feel like the line "Baby, I've got a plan; run away as fast as you can" hits me so hard. It's so simple and could be vague to the whole topic. In terms to the song, I feel like I'm dangerous to the people I know. Don't ask me why. 


I forgot to study for my science test today, but, I got a ninety-three on it anyway! I was/am still so happy, like you have no idea. I want to know if I lost points from the multiple choice or the short answers. Something tells me it was most likely the short answers. I'll get back to you guys when I get the exam back Monday. 


I was invited to this party on New Year's Eve by a girl named Natalie. I can't really call her my friend anymore. I'm fully aware of what's going on in her family, but, still. I feel so indifferent to it all. There's going to be alcohol there, but, that isn't what's deterring me from deciding to go or not. The main reasons are that the marching band does not like me because I quit (majority of the party is from the marching band) and the second one being that I don't really want to talk to her anymore, and I feel that if I go I'm just abusing the whole situation to go out partying. Because, you know me, the crazy partier. Sarcasm implied.


I'm not particularly interested in watching drunk people socialize. I don't know. I feel like if I don't go I'm missing part of being a teenager or something. Of course, I can always make up for the lack of partying once I'm a responsible adult. It doesn't make sense to me, it really doesn't. 


This weekend is going to be filled with school-work and pre-Christmas freakouts. Oh, I'm so excited for Christmas! I hope it snows. It'll give me an excuse to not get out of bed and then finish reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I'm almost half way finished with it. I haven't had a lot of time to read it recently. Now, I will.


Day 17: Your highs and lows of this year.


Highs: My grades improved immensely. My father hasn't really gotten on my case about grades, only on the PSAT, which I technically wasn't supposed to take this year, but I did anyway. I joined marching band. I got a brand new bass to call my own. I'm reading way more. My violin playing has really improved. I met some really awesome people this year. My drawing skills have improved to a certain extent. I don't hate shading as much as I used to. I had the privilege to see Passion Pit, The Joy Formidable, Arms, The Morning Benders, Miniature Tigers, The Dirty Projectors, Phoenix, Metric and MUSE this year. 


Lows: I quit marching band. I met people who are detrimental to my health, mentally and physically. I tried bruising myself for some bizarre reason. I bought Starcraft 2 and I think of nothing else to do. My hatred towards my school has skyrocketed to impressive heights. I argue with my father much more than usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment