Sunday, December 5, 2010

Is our secret safe tonight?

I am now currently downloading Starcraft 2. It's taking forever because I have to add to my games on my battle.net account, and the site appears to be down. Just my luck, you know?


I figured this would be a great time to blog with my thirty day challenge. 


Day 05: A Time You Thought Of Ending Your Own Life


I remember this really vividly, considering how shit my memory is. I remember I came home from a friend's house, probably Nicole, a girl I used to be friends with. My mother was yelling at me about something, I can't remember what, but, she reduced me to tears. I hid in my bathroom downstairs and sat on the counter by the sink, my head covered by my arms. 


I had opened the mirror cabinets and picked up the Advil bottle and just stared at it thinking, "There is so much destruction in one bottle of something that's supposed to make you feel better.". I contemplated the pros and cons of suicide, but I realized that it really wasn't worth it. As much as I hated my mother at that point, I didn't want her to find me dead on the floor with pills scattered about.


My mother eventually became the person who pulled me out of that suicidal garbage. I've never been so grateful.


Since then, I've been really happy. I'm so glad I didn't go through with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment