Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do you remember when we were just kids and cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss.

I'm aware that the line doesn't necessarily 'end' there, if you know what I mean. That's where I think the sentence ends and then he continues on with his next train of thought. ('Inevitable' by Anberlin).


I was so tired yesterday that I couldn't bring myself to blog when I got home. I had stayed up to the one in the morning the previous night and I had to get up at nine the next morning. It really didn't work. 


The funeral was short, I think, quiet and sad. I didn't cry but I know various other members of my family were. The only time I really cried at a funeral was at my Ma Ma's and Ye Ye's. I can actually still tell you when my Ma Ma died (April 25th), a month from my birthday. My Ye Ye died the next coming week. It hurt. I found out about my Ye Ye when my mother was at the bus stop. I didn't need to hear words, I knew exactly what was going to come out of my mother's mouth.


I'd rather be called by my Chinese name, honestly. It's so short and gets to the point. I like Caroline, but it's too many syllables. In addition to it, it means 'man' and it's the female version of the male name 'Charles', which was my Earth Science teacher's name, whom I hated. (My Chinese name is Oiyun, which means 'poetic victory'). 


It's kind of funny because of all the poetry I spit out, it kind of falls into place now.


After the funeral, I went home to play Starcraft 2. I'm so close to finishing the game. I'm waiting for the inspirational speech my cousin James is so obsessed with, I'm going to take it down because I liked it, too. Every time James Raynor opens his mouth, I'm tempted to write it down. He's got to be the coolest main character's I have ever played as. I just can't decide whether he's Southern or not because sometimes he has a Southern accent and then in other places, he doesn't. (Thank God). 


Around 4:00, I went to Tracy and Jenna's and we chilled for a bit. We watched Glastonbury 2010, the third part. Tracy was upset because she missed the second part, the one with Pet Shop Boys on. She said she couldn't sing 'West End Girls'. There was no point of living. 


We all also came to the conclusion that puberty hit Matt Bellamy like a train. Images as followed.


This one is from 2001, the Hullabaloo DVD. Clearly hairless.




And this is from July 2010 at Glastonbury 2010. WHAT. THE. HELL.


It was described later as 'manpit pubes'. 


So, yeah. Around seven-ish, Tracy and her father drove me to Ali's where later we watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I finally discovered that I do actually enjoy tortillas that aren't store brand. Yuck. (They smell so bad!). I think her father is a really good cook, as long as it isn't all vegetables. (I could never ever be a vegetarian). His guacamole (avacado pudding) is so good. I could have lived off the stuff. 


The only problem was that I kept falling asleep throughout the movie. I love Harry Potter and all, but I never found the sixth movie the greatest. I find select scenes really cool, such as the living death potion scene. It's when he finds the book of the Half Blood Prince and first uses it. The other one is always the Quidditch matches and the scene where Harry and Dumbledore go to find a horcrux. The sheer power of Dumbledore was incredible. My favourites are The Sorcerer's Stone, The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire and The Deathly Hallows. The fifth one is good, but, I get so sad when I see Sirius die. (You should have seen me when Dumbledore died).


I part thee because I must play Starcraft 2. Two entries in one day is going to be intense. 


Day 11: Put your iPod on shuffle and write ten songs that pop up.


1. And I - Boxcar Racer.
2. Girlfriend (Live) - Phoenix.
3. Golden Skans - Klaxons.
4. The Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang.
5. Drops of Jupiter - Train.
6. Sleep. When We Die. - Anchor & Braille.
7. Take Me Out (Acoustic) - Franz Ferdinand.
8. Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers.
9. Golden Lights - The Smiths.
10. Paperthin Hymn - Anberlin.


Pet peeve number 092834092384203423: I hate lists that don't end with a period after the end of each item listed. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment