Sunday, December 19, 2010

Suele tener. Me suelto. Me suelto en el deshacer. Al puro perder el ganar no compara.

With the help of Google Translate, I have learned that this phrase means Usually, I let. I break loose in the pure loss. It does not compare winning. The last bit doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I edited it from what I had. It makes more sense now. I really don't care for Spanish that much, but, I always find foreign languages in songs to be interesting. I feel like the artist is trying to hide something from the public, but, the hidden meaning is always the deeper meaning. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to decipher what Paul Banks meant. ('The Undoing' by Interpol).


I sat at home and blogged all day. It wasn't very surprising. All my Sundays are generally very lazy and not much to do. I can't complain. I do like staying home a lot. A lot more than I would admit. I am so glad that this week is short. I mean, Christmas is Saturday! You can't get any better than that. 


The greatest part of it is that I have no community obligations this week. You do not understand how happy I am right now. I spend five hours of my week helping others, or preparing to help others and I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but, let's face it. As a teenager, I could be out with friends or something. The strange thing is, I am looking to do more for my community. If we ever finish our YAPP project, I'll be dedicating two more hours throughout the week to give a presentation about bullying. I'm not saying that our presentation is two hours, but, I'm just trying to take into consideration the transportation times and waiting for everyone. We can't all live within five minutes of each other. I have to say though, the people I met through the programme are pretty awesome. I'm trying to forget that I called the other girl in my group Regine. (Long story short: Her last name is the same as my cousin Ryan's girlfriend. She's Chinese, as my cousin's girlfriend is too. Her name is Regine, the girl in the group is not. I called her Regine. Her name is Ashley).


You know how it is.


Here's more of the evolution that I got done today. I know when to stop now, just so I don't mess it up as much as I could in a twenty minute period.


Day 19: Disrespecting Your Parents


As much as you love your parents and try not to insult them or get on their bad sides, disrespecting them is always going to happen because it's just the nature of growing up. Hell, I do it all the time. My dad is much more lenient about it because half the time he knows I don't mean it. I don't. My mother is the one who is always hurt ten times more than I had initially planned it on. Not that I sit around planning exact moments to disrespect my parents. 


It's natural, really. There's nothing more you can say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment