Sunday, January 16, 2011

baby, my heart's been breaking.

I haven't titled this, and I don't think I will. 

'i wanted to write you a poem,
just to say how much you mean to me.
but, for my mental reference.
i'll lock this one away in the cellar,
along with my heart.

this winter's been colder
the nights are starless
my hands tremble out for someone
something
i grasp ghosts

my lack of attention
to detail and
proper english
lets me focus all my need
upon you

i never thought i
write you a love poem
but you cross my mind
you chivalrous knight
more than it rains here


forever i'll sit here
and dream of a life
for the both of us
but you're never here
you've never been

but i can pretend
bodies splayed across warm sheets
the sun hitting
but the desire to wake
has never existed in utopia

before heavy clouds roll in
aging us beyond our own belief
and we'd laugh
because we can't believe
that we've traveled so long.

before you detonate
and leave me behind
i can cherish what i never had
cradle the dreams i wanted
live the lie in which i became


'cause the seasons will change
as well as my ability
to feel
to live
to love

and i want you to know
you're beautiful
in every dimension possible
to say not
is a sin'

No comments:

Post a Comment