Monday, September 12, 2011

OH STELLA.

I did my daily blog checks on tumblr when I came across Natalie's most recent post, a picture of her in a mask of an old, greying Asian man with the caption, I quote, "To all my chinkas out there<33333 ;)".

Here's when I start getting mad. You just don't say that, you JUST DON'T. Even though everything is pretty much acceptable on tumblr, it's wrong to use the word "chink", as it is to use the word "nigger". Though she did not use the word "chink", it's clearly implied. Out of all the racial slurs you can throw at me as a Chinese-American, "chink" is one that will send me raging for days.

Please, think before you fucking speak, honestly. Don't do it for the laughs, because eventually it will come around and hit you when you least expect it. This is reason number 3240932409234 that Caroline never wants to speak with Natalie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment