Tuesday, September 20, 2011

let me hear your voice.

I recently re-discovered The Ataris. I might have mentioned this before, but I honestly always forget how good their Welcome the Night album is. Though it deals heavily with religious concepts (Not so much about theisms or anything, but it's just something that you can tell), it's still a lot of fun to listen to. It's heavy without being heavy.

I mean, I tweeted about it on the way back from marching band in Brentwood. Kris Roe has an incredible control of the English language and it makes my heart as a writer go UNF. You don't actually hear "euphoria" used as a common adjective in songs, or comparisons such as "This world is like a whore, so ravishing, so beautiful. So bitter cold and all alone.". Once you think about it, it's quite true and interesting to think about.

I'm falling behind in schoolwork already. Go figure.

I'm seeing OMD tonight with my dad. My train is at 5:53 and I leave from Country Life Press. I get in at 6:33 PM at Penn Station. I'm so excited! Paul Humphreys has been singing more and I love his voice. I hope he sings "Secret" and "Souvenir". Oh, I'll cry. I will.

I'm also prepared to be the youngest person there again. Maybe Owen Pallet and Patrick will be there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment