Friday, September 16, 2011

i hate this love song.

What if I'm not supposed to be happy? What if I am supposed to sit in my own suffering for the rest of my life?

I won't let that happen. Never.

If you're going to act broken, work your way out of it. That's hard to stomach, I know so because I've endured incredible OCD the past five years, but I've worked my way out of nearly half of it. I want to be strong and I know I am. I try to be there for those who need it, but it's seemingly impossible because how does one react to something that they do not know? Generally, the human nature towards the unknown is to hate it and that is us as humans to be naturally indifferent.

I refuse to act broken because I am not broken. I am a normal member of society with a history of health issues, but who isn't? Why act any different? I am me and if you don't like that, then keep walking. I am so sick of negativity in my life, though I do know it exists.

I used to be treading through a tunnel of complete darkness but now, this year, I'm walking out it, still standing. I want to believe that everyone else can do the same thing.

I can be happy, you can be happy.

I think OMD put it best in simple terms from their song "If You Want It" from History of Modern: "If you want it, it will come, through the rain and burning sun.".

Stand tall.

I leave you with a K-Pop song, "Haru Haru" by BIGBANG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCbEdtNbJ0. Piano and R&B-esque lines have to be some of my favourite things, though not the most impressive musically.

No comments:

Post a Comment