Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tonight, we can be as one, tonight.

I am going to tell the story of one of my re-occurring nightmares, in hopes that I won't have it again if I have it down on paper, pixels, etc. 


I wake up in a field of dead grass, and I'm staring at the sky. Everything appears to be normal, it's just a real nice day. I'm not sure where I am, but, I know that I'm in my town, despite the fact that there's a thick forest to my left. I think nothing of it after I conclude that I'm at the other elementary school.


I walk into the school, and that's when things start to get bad. Outside, it starts to get really dark, and as I walk up the staircase, I begin to hear a lot of shouting and explosions. Gunshots and loud footsteps coming up the stairs. They're all speaking in something foreign, and I can't decipher it. Flight or flight comes into play, and I decide to sprint down the hallway to get away from whatever is down the stairs, looking for something.


As I start to run, they begin to chase after me, but, I'm able to lose them for a bit. I hide in the opposite stairwell and I begin to sob uncontrollably. I pull out my phone to call for help, but they're at the stop of the stairs, and that's when I realize that they're Nazis. They sprint down the stairs as I flee for the outside, only to find that it's in worse of a shape  than on the inside.


There are tanks everywhere, shooting at nothing. Guns are beginning to point at me and bullets are flying past my head. I sprint in the other direction, hiding behind the brick wall for a brief moment. I notice that there are vans driving in and out of the area, and the tanks not recognizing their presence. Other vehicles, such as tanks to them, are shot at. I run back inside the school and head for the roof, noting that there are no planes or helicopters in the area.


Once I make it to the roof, I send a call to my mother, begging for her to pick me up, explaining what was going on. She doesn't believe me. She thinks I've gone crazy. I start screaming, saying, "Can't you hear the guns?! The explosions!? I'm not lying to you! Help me for God's sake!". She hangs up on me, and I try the police. They don't believe me either. I'm out of luck. There's no one else here, only me. I'm the only one in the school, and they're looking for me.


I contemplate jumping off the roof. It might be less painful than being shot multiple times. So I think. They might shoot me, they might douse me in gasoline and ignite me. They might stab me. They might cut up my arteries and let me bleed out.


I decide not to, but try to escape by running. The Nazis are at the door, and they grab my wrists and throw me to the ground. I begin to uncontrollably sob again. They're shouting at me in German, and I don't know what they're telling me to do. They kick me hard in the back, but I can't feel it. I'm grateful, until they set me on my knees and tie my hands and feet together. 


Then, I feel cold metal at the back of my head.


I wake up at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment