Friday, November 26, 2010

I will be chasing a starlight.

It's late at night and real quiet. I figured it would be the most ideal settings for a blog entry. Whether this will be long or short, I won't know. I'm going to keep it surprise.


I'm sitting down at my desk with my chai, a little bit of sugar in it so I can write this up. I plan my teas accordingly so that I have enough energy to finish whatever I want to do in a forty minute time bracket, then, the sugar wears off and I am on a sugar crash. Then, I can sleep soundly with a warm belly.


If I can't have something like a fireplace in my room, might as well find other ways to re-create the core of warmth of the body. 


Today, I celebrated what I call a half-done Record Store Day with my good friends Tracy and Jenna. We went out to Looney Tunes in West Babylon and I got the limited edition A Jolly Christmas with Frank Sinatra on vinyl, twelve inches. I'm throughly pleased. Along with that purchase (Which was twenty dollars. A regular price. I can't complain), I got two pins of Morrissey and one of my favourite bands, Anberlin for a dollar each. I put them on my bag, and now I have a place for my Franz Ferdinand pins.


Later, we went to Borders and had a quick look around and then we went back to her house for a Post-Thanksgiving dinner (Leftovers). Then, we watched Hullabaloo, and it was great. Although, I couldn't help but think as I was watching it about how much I missed Franz Ferdinand. I know that they're making a new record, but, I'm getting anxious. I want to watch something new and funny by them, that's all.


I want to go to the bookstore tomorrow. I need more books to read. I also want to get a new bookshelf so that I can load it up with books that I really like. I want to always have them on hand and in a very accessible place. When I'm older, I want to have a built-in bookshelf. That would be so awesome.


I really should be getting to sleep soon. I don't really want tomorrow to come, though. I don't feel like volunteering, and I don't want to miss the last marching band meet. I'll say it again, I really like the marching band atmosphere. Can you blame me? Anyone who has seen one together can't help but feel some sort of jealously towards them. At least, for me, anyway.


I like being able to hang out with my friends at a football game. I mean, there is a brutal and barbaric game going on right before our eyes, and the noises some band instruments can do are really funny. It adds to the experience. It's nothing like watching a football game on television. I don't mind watching football in person, honestly.


On another note, it was snowing in Pennsylvania and all the cold air was being directed in our direction (It was really freezing today). I'm hoping that it snows tomorrow. It was all cloudy and everything, it might as well have. I love snow and I hate snow. It's so beautiful and so destructive. Waking up before they've cleared the snow away on a snow day is really one of the most gorgeous images I have in my mind. Sure, you're stuck in the house, but it's a great thing. It gives you an excuse to remain comfortable in your house and not be yelled at. 


The sugar is beginning to wear off, and I need just a tad more energy to make it upstairs and brush my teeth. Goodnight, my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment