Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And he's half in love with Elizabeth, and he's half in love with you.

The Mystery Jets are a really good bad, those who read this, should listen to them. They're an awesome breed of British men. 


I feel like 'Half in Love with Elizabeth' is relating more to my life than it should. I never thought it would. It was just one  of those songs when you say, "Wow. This song is really catchy. I really enjoy it.", but you don't know why. You can sing along to it really well, and they are one of the bands that I really want to see live. (These guys and One Night Only). Kanye West doesn't really count for a 'band'. If you count him and his ego, it's more like twenty bands to see live. 


Looking back to what I said about the song, it only occurred to me that my English teacher said that yesterday. You don't know why you really like something until you analyze it, then you're able to pick out what you really enjoy about it. There's your answer. 


Fleming, I love you and I hate you, but you make so much sense all the time. You're not a bullshit teacher like my other ones are. You're almost like Gullotta, but, more liberal. Gullotta is just an all around asshole. That's all I can say. 


A substitute teacher whom I've had in the past recognized me again for my poetry that I published last year. I mean, he still thinks I'm the younger sister of myself, which doesn't make any sense. I explained this last time. I kind of find it interesting that he remembers me from last year. I like to think of it that my poetry actually made some form of an impact on someone, so, that's why it stuck with them.


I can dream, can't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment