Monday, November 29, 2010

Do you remember the first time?

I am so excited that Pulp got back together to tour. They might not be making a new album, but this is exciting! I mean, when they separated, I was only one year old, and now at fifteen, they are going on tour. Pulp is so absurd at times, but the meaning is genuine. (See: 'Babies' off their His 'N' Hers record). If you had to ask for a favourite of mine, it's definitely the title of this post: 'Do You Remember The First Time?', off the same exact record. I want to get a hard copy of it for Christmas.


On another note, I am about forty pages away from finishing Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. If you ever get the chance, pick it up at the bookstore, the library, whatever. It's really a fantastic book. Funny in some parts, gross in others. The meaning is also genuine. 


This has been a post about genuine meanings. In a previous post, I had been quoting the book, very formally, may I add. I caught some more today, and I would like to share them with you all. It doesn't give away the book, don't worry about that. 


I'm not lying about that.


"'Disaster is a natural part of my evolution.' Tyler whispered, 'toward tragedy and dissolution.'...'I'm breaking my attachment to physical power and possessions.' Tyler whispered, 'because only through destroying myself can I discover the greater power of my spirit.'" (110).
"'We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.'" (149).
Seriously, just take the time to read the book. I guarantee, you will like it. I personally love it. My cousin Risa's favourite author is Chuck Palahniuk, and I think I'm starting to see why she likes him so much. I'm going to read more of his works, considering my mother made me put my Kurt Vonnegut book away for Christmas. Until then, I can read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. 

I part thee with the idea of homework on the mind. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment