Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'll be dead before you put a gun to my brother's head.

I don't have a brother, just saying. I was in a half asleep daze yesterday in Studio Art 2 (I have it first thing in the morning. Classes start at 7:40 AM), and then this song came on. I'm a sucker for acoustic songs (I will get into later), and I couldn't bring myself to hit the shuffle button. Generally in the morning, I'm fickle to what I want to listen to, so, I continuously hit the shuffle button until I hit something that I get over-emotional too. Don't ask me why. That's what wakes me up in the morning. 


The song is 'Brothers' by Brand New, by the way. I read this over and realized that I didn't even mention the song itself. That was dumb.


Tonight, I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One again with my best friends (Ali, Michael and Liz). I can't get over how great of a series that is. I really can't. (As I continue to write this, I keep realizing that I write just like how Holden Caulfield speaks in The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger). I, personally, still cannot get over that the whole series is almost over. It's been with me for essentially my entire life. I don't think anybody really understands why I'm so sad to see this whole movie saga ending. I'm afraid that once it ends, the series will be forgotten and disregarded by younger generations. This is why my children will have full access to my bookshelf.


Of course, years later. Russian authors are complex, but, their humour is great. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov makes me laugh out loud. It's so absurd, that it's fantastic. I think I might re-read it. I don't generally re-read books, but, Harry Potter and The Master and Margarita are the exception. Maybe even 1984 by George Orwell.


I really like literature. I'll go over into the corner now.


There is this one particular line I really like at the end of the song 'Citizen Erased' by Muse. I mean, it's rather cliché, but, it's epic, really. For something so short at the end of a song, they both equal each other in the weight of epic in the end. Here's the story though:


I was sitting in gym class during meditation. My mind tends to wander a lot while meditation. It's exactly like getting ready to sleep, and that's when I do all my thinking. I was listening to 'Citizen Erased' prior to going to class and I heard the last line. I don't know what moved me so much. But, I got inspiration from the lines to write something. It's like the ending to a long book. Hopefully, it'll work just as a short story. If I like it enough, I might submit it to my school's literary magazine.


The lyrics are:
"Wash me away. Clean your body of me. Erase all the memories, they will only bring us pain. And I've seen all I'll ever need."
Really simple, I know. I'll post what I have later. I want to copy what I wrote down in science into my writing notebook. I don't know why I stopped carrying it around with me. 

Now, why I am so obsessed with acoustic songs. I can't really explain why to a definitive point. I feel like a little more effort is put into playing acoustic songs because songs are a bit more exposed when recorded as opposed to an electric, hard song. You can cover up a lot of mistakes by just playing louder, but, even with that, you have to do that right, or it just sounds like horribly done punk rock. 


I claim that you first sang to me on November 11th, 2010. (I'm not actually that creepy. I just remembered that because it's Veteran's Day and the day before my father went in for a triple bypass surgery). Let's face it. I left for a moment, and you stopped singing. Then I came back and you started again. Even though if it was for a little bit, it still made me swoon. (I really hate being a girl right now). Acoustic songs are that much more moving, and now I have that memory to associate them with.


I hope you never give me a reason why to hate your guts. I honestly don't want to hate acoustic songs. Not that I think that the possibility of your memory could ever tarnish them. 


Since, this is a 'diary' (I use this term lightly), I figured I have rights in posting this here. I will use no names. If names are mentioned in here, ever, then they meant a lot to me. Right, future me? I have a feeling I will be using this once I go to college. God, that's a scary thought.


Sometimes, I want to believe that you're acting this way because you now know for sure who I like. You don't know why, but I shouldn't have to give you a reason. You should accept it and move on. Which you have, and I'm thankful that you haven't asked any questions why. I mean, once you checked Livejournal (The main reason this blog was started), I got paranoid. You then started to act differently towards me. You started video chatting me a lot more (At least once per day) and messaging me. 


In addition, on my Livejournal, I mentioned that I really like how Rob sang to me. Now, you're taking vocal lessons over the summer. Knowing me, I am definitely over thinking this. But, I can't honestly help but make connections at this point. 


In comparison to weeks prior, you're paying a lot more attention to me. Yes, I notice these things. 


That's all I have to say about tonight and a couple days before. This has been a post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment