Friday, August 26, 2011

tell them hug and kiss my ass, x and o.

Have I ever expressed how much I love Kanye West? It's really ridiculous. I feel like such a bro when I do listen to him, like, my swag is turned on so damn high, I am flooding the zone. The title of this blog is taken from his song, "Gorgeous" off his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I have a love for rap beneath my whole "I am much indier than thou" self.

If you do listen to the not-so-mainstream songs in my iTunes, you can hear that most of them have a heavy bass line. I like my bass heavy and obnoxious, otherwise it's not a song.

First week of band camp is over. We have a three day weekend because Monday was canceled due to the storm. Am I scared? A little. I've been through a bunch of tropical storms and hurricanes because when we go to Florida, it's usually hurricane season. I'm worried about the damage, but I'm feeling selfish and I'm worried that I won't be able to talk to Drew this weekend.

Chances are very strong that the power will go out, so that means my phone has limited power and my computer has no connection to the internet.

I'm trying really hard not to be clingy, but how does one do that in a long distance relationship? I just want to talk to him forever, but I know I can't because unlike me, he has a functioning social life. It also worries me that he drinks a lot on weekends. Granted, I know there's probably not much to do in the quiet areas of Cincinnati, but I mean, you could drink just below the "getting drunk" line.

Drew says everything really slow and deep. It's made me sit down and think, "Wow, I really do speak fast.".

Anyway. We had an exterminator come and exterminate (duh) the cave critters in the basement. I am a bug killing machine. I killed a mosquito (that crawled away after I curb stomped it and left two legs behind), a cave critter with a swiffer vacuum and a spider in the shower by drowning it. I remember bringing cookies downstairs last night and watched one crawl out underneath the couch. The noises I make.

I also decided should Drew and I ever get ~married (because as a girl, I'm allowed to daydream and fantasize), spiders are going to be a really big problem. He's arachnophobic and if I don't have a water gun, spiders are like fucking charging rhinos.

I want to go to Ohio so bad. It makes me really upset every time my mom says that I can't. My sister was a good call when she said, "Me and Katie can go to make sure they don't get up to anything naughty!!!!!".

Heh.

Really good call. Appreciated, too.

I've been an obnoxious to Timmy in Pit in Marching Band. He's so timid...he reminds me of myself in sixth grade. It's weird...but ginger...and male.

I leave you with two songs tonight.

"The Suburbs" by Arcade Fire off of The Suburbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAitZuh4ueg

and "Gorgeous" by Kanye West off of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghc_fc4R1rI


No comments:

Post a Comment