Saturday, November 5, 2011

fool.

I see this song in stages and as much as I hate to admit it to myself...the only thing really inspiring me to write these days is K-Pop. I don't get it. Granted, Arcade Fire is still there, especially when I wrote that piece on the old man. I give Arcade Fire all the credit due to my metaphorical works and for that, I am grateful because I am tired of writing about whatever muse I found. (If you know my writing blog, I wrote one about a sour muse).

Muse is also one of my favourite words, one of my favourite bands and I wrote a research paper on the nine(?) muses in mythology.

I spent the day with Ryan and Regine today. Ryan and I went into the city to Chinatown to play soccer with Hal (whose real name is Harrison) and Jenny. Jay came and met us a little later and we played with this other soccer league run by some Irish dude (his accent was so unf, even though he was not). Ryan treated me to dumplings and McDonalds even though I had money to pay for it. He's actually the best.

Anyway, so we played soccer against the league and there was this one Chinese guy who just helped himself to the team. When the Irish guy said that we could have a game of eight to seven, the guy retorts, "Well, they have two girls on their team!".

You know what guy? I hope you enjoy your bruised gut. Fuck the Chinese male dominance, I will drop your ass so hard. I don't view myself as a fighter for rights, but God damn, being belittled for being a Chinese female AND a halfie, it's kind of annoying at a certain point. I know I joke around with being Chinese and half white, but that's only to my friends. They're allowed to make fun of me because it's an entirely different situation. Whatever.

The soccer game went a lot better than they usually did. We scored some goals, aka more than one and I took out this tall black guy. He tripped me and I crushed his legs. Whoops.

When I play soccer, I play obscenely dirty. It usually ends up with me getting bruised, but I always knock down the other player, no matter how large. Most of these people have about fifty pounds on me and it's really embarrassing for them when a 120 pound girl strolls in and drops their ass. I take a lot of pride in that and I generally don't take much pride in what I do (I like to pretend I'm modest).

I honestly don't know what to say when people compliment me. I should probably work on that.

We play again in fourteen hours. I can't fucking wait.

(I also get to see Eric but that's A WHOLE ANOTHER STORY).

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment