Sunday, November 6, 2011

BIGBANG FIGHTING.

My favourite little K-Pop group BIGBANG won the Worldwide EMA at the MTV EMAs in Belfast today! I'm so proud of them even though I've only been a fan for a little while. The Britney Spears vs. BIGBANG drama is crazy, but I'll continue to read it anyway because that's really just who I am. Well.

I played with the UEAA guys today. I was the only girl there, again. Other Caroline was probably resting up for Urban Soccer. I spent this entire weekend with my cousin Ryan and Jay. They're chill. Our team is actually coming together and I am so pumped for this tourney next weekend.

I should also mention my play of the game.

I was up the field, near the box of the opposing team. I saw the ball heading back, but I figured that Jay would get it, or maybe Hagan. None of which were the case. Ryan was our last defense man and I knew this player with the ball had enough finesse to get around him and score. I usually don't head back as forward, but this was a major exception. I sprinted, full-speed, back to the field and I thought I was going to just knock him off the ball and take it away, support my cousin, you know?

No, it never works like that.

I couldn't slow down and I wasn't going to, anyway. I ran full speed at the kid and floored him. I mean, absolutely floored him. He had at least thirty pounds on me. I floored him and I kept running, trying to get the ball, but I tripped over him and fell right on top of him. By that, I mean that I fell on my shoulder, so essentially I slammed my shoulder into his back and didn't apologize.

I almost got away with it, too. It wasn't called a foul until he was butthurt that his teammate didn't score a goal.

Eric gave me his approval. Ryan was crying of laughter in his corner of the field. It's the true Purple Monkeys spirit. I tried scoring off of Kawai, but no such luck.

I played five games straight and it just felt so good to be back in the game.

Fuck marching band.

No comments:

Post a Comment