Sunday, March 27, 2011

All I need is coordination.

Another catch up post.

I went to go see OMD (with my father) on March 8th, 2011. It was one of the best concerts of my life. I really love the 80s. It's crazy. I wish people still made music like this. Everyone makes fun of the 80s, but I love the 80s. It was such a good time for music. Granted, it did inspire a lot of the 'music' (I say this lightly) that is in the mainstream charts today, but the 80s lyrical content is so much better. It's much richer and it kind of makes your heart melt. Honestly, if a guy came up to me and sang me any song by The Cure, New Order or OMD, I would marry them on the spot.

Listen to 'Souvenir' by OMD. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIYOiQUi2s). I don't think any guy today would knowingly put this in a song. It's rather upsetting.

Today, I spent the day on Seventh Street with Ali and we got Starbucks and then went to The Burger Spot. I feel like I never just get to hang out with her because when we do hang out, it's almost like a group activity. Oh well. I'm still full from eating that giant hamburger. I might just go with the Caesar salad next time. For nine dollars though, that's a bit pricey.

I also spent the day cataloging my old drabbles and poems from last year. Luckily, they don't seem to be smoking hard crack. I still wonder why I want to be a writer. Some of the stuff I write is absolute trash. Then again, most of the poetry I write is for people. Not that they would ever know. I don't think they think I care this much about them. I'm completely used to it.

On Friday, I went to Battle of the Bands, meeting Tracy and Jenna there. Rob's band, No Good News, was playing there. They didn't win anything, if you were wondering. The band that won last year, Big Tuna, won again. My school is a predominantly ska-band producing place, No Good News is no exception. I had no intentions on talking to you, but you wanted me there. Oh dear Lord, you wanted me there. You came up to me when I was buying food with Marisa and asked me if I was going. You came up to me during Battle of the Bands laughing, saying that you forced me there. (I'm reading too heavily into this, I think I'm only translating what I want to hear).

I saw you looking over at me and I was trying to avert your eyes so heavily. Your eyes scare me. They're too clear and blue. They make me want to disappear. You give me butterflies. I really hate being a teenage girl.

(It's one of those moments when you say (Stolen from tumblr, mind you): "Can't tell if flirting or really nice...")

I'm really glad I went. They covered 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol, 'Give It Away' by Red Hot Chili Peppers and 'Lean on Me' from a band that I can't tell you off the top of my head. I was hoping for a Rage Against the Machine cover. I wonder if they would sing "Fuck you! I won't do what you tell me!" in a school setting. I know they wouldn't, but it's the best part of the song.

Spring is here. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment