Thursday, December 1, 2011

my heart's a stereo.

It beats for you, so listen close.

As much I hate Adam Levine, I do somewhat enjoy Gym Class Heroes, not in the sense that I must have all of their songs, but in the sense that I will not turn them off if they come on the radio.

I listen to various songs on Spotify that are on the Top 100 hits a couple of times before I go to bed. My daylight hours consist of listening to The Vaccines, mostly. I just recently got into them. Really, I'm heavily listening to The Vaccines and Foster the People.

I find myself being fed up with a lot of old music I used to listen to. Specifically, Morrissey and Brand New. It's really odd.

I finally understand what my mom means when she says that Morrissey is just whiny. I'm not talking about The Smiths, though, just his solo projects. I really don't enjoy most of his work that he's created on his own. The only reason why I would ever see him live was to hear him sing The Smith's songs (see: "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out").

Brand New, well. Here's the story. I was working in Key Food and Michael's mom comes to my register (I really like talking to his Mom). The conversation went something like:

Her: Oh, so you didn't go to the concert last night, did you?
Me: No. I'm not really into them anymore, I used to be.
Her: Really? I haven't given them a listen before. What are they like?
Me: It's really just teenage angst constantly.

I don't consider myself above my age group, but I'm so sick of hearing about suffering and all of that bullshit. (It's not bullshit, not all of it). We are teenagers and we're supposed to fucking live before (quoting Vampire Weekend here) "We mostly work to live until we live to work". Maybe it's just a personal outlook. Maybe I overcame my mental grievances and now I've grown up.

Like I've said, I grew up a whole lot this summer and this year.

My studying habits have really changed, I think. My grades this quarter are a lot better than what they used to be. I'm really proud of myself, but I'm just so tired all the time. I'm already worrying about next year and I honestly can't believe that it's already December.

I am a supporter of the Occupy My Bed movement, aka let me stay in my bed for the next three weeks.

For AP Art next year, I'm going to try and incorporate my love for colour and my theme will be based upon stained glass. What I mean by that is that I will use the light that passes through stained glass onto an object in daily life and use that to shade. I think it's an interesting concept, but I have to get it approved probably.

I didn't mean to fall asleep for three hours, but my dreams were continuously coaxing me to fall back asleep.

We were having a family reunion, even Sylvia came. For some reason Drew's family came, too (I think you can tell where this is going). It was so nice just to be with Drew in a dream. I can't tell if I'm over him or not, but I know I am at the same time.

There's really not a day where he doesn't cross my mind. I'm so proud of him, which he knows. He wants to see me, but that was weeks ago. Part of me wants him to go back to Amelia Island when we do, just so I can lay with him holding his hand underneath the stars on the beach or in the dilapidated fort on Aury Island and watch the cars go by.

I hope he thinks of me sometimes.

I think highly of him, but I'm over him, I suppose. I don't get sad or furious when his name is mentioned anymore.

Ironically, I'm looking at Ohio State's English program. It's really good, but I just don't know if I want to be in Columbus, Ohio for four years. Ryan wants me to be able to play soccer with them every Sunday, so I'm tempted to go to school in Manhattan. Mom wants me to pick a SUNY, but I don't know if there are any that aren't above Manhattan. I'm looking at NYU again, but I don't think any of the schools I really want to go to will even look at me. Maybe St. John's. I can't bring myself to go to California, but Chris and Elise suggested it.

I'm not even that smart. I don't know why people keep telling me to look at all these big name schools. They keep saying to, which I do, but I keep getting my hopes up for no reason.

I've covered pretty much everything that's been on my mind for the past two months or so. See you in another.

No comments:

Post a Comment