Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Day in London.

We got into Heathrow around 8:40-ish. We originally were supposed to get in early, but there were landing congestion, so we were twenty minutes late. I was so excited, but then I got sick after circling for a while. That's never happened before. Example: when we landed, I was looking out the window to see the English countryside and that's when I felt like I had to vomit.

It made me glad that I wouldn't be flying internationally for a while after next week.

Customs was a nightmare. The separation of actual United Kingdom citizens and other citizens from like the United States or Canada was hilarious. The UK side was filled with absolutely gorgeous people, while the otherside was fat, red-faced and not so attractive.

London is absolutely beautiful. It's blown away what I thought London would be like in my head. It's not like New York City, but maybe a toned down version of it. There's a lot of hole in the wall places and I feel welcomed, somehow. I'm trying really hard to look too much like a foreigner, but I don't think it's working. I probably just exude American.

We saw Big Ben, which is so much more impressive in person than in photo. The London Eye was really cool. I took a lot of pictures and guess who looked like a tourist? I'll post them later; this computer isn't really the most efficient to blog on.

The Purple Monkeys are back in business. I can't wait. Maybe we'll win this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment