Thursday, September 19, 2013

I know enough's enough and you're leaving.

I'm really trying to do everything in my power to not actually do work today. I was up until one in the morning last night trying to bullshit out three pages of a paper that is due on the thirtieth. I have to have three pages of it done for tomorrow. I know it's good to revise often, but it's really infuriating to make a page limit. If the content is good, there's no reason as to why it should be a specific length. Some people write concisely, like myself, and find it really difficult to elongate ideas for the sole idea of elongating. There's no content, why stretch your bullshit to the ends? There's nothing there, my God.

I tried hookah last Friday and it was actually a lot of fun. I mean, the whole concept of breathing addictive substances into your lungs is not fun, but it was the people and the ambiance. I went with Alex, Jessica, Leah, Matt and Kaylee to this place in the EV and it was just super chill. All of our trains on the way back, however, shut down for construction or whatever and we didn't get back until three am. We ended up having to get off at Herald Square and walk to Penn Station to get onto the one, but the one was down at that station (because it would be too easy to just have everything go right for once, right?) so we had to ride the two to 96th and transfer onto the one. It was rough.

I went to Daylife on Sunday, too, which was so much fun. There was free music and a bunch of different food stands and thrift shops to peruse. I got to see Swaai Boys for free and they were entertaining like always. I met Katarina down there for the day and it was really nice to see her. She hasn't made any friends at NCC and I'm worried only because I don't know if she's avoiding making friends just because they attend NCC or if she just can't socialize. Like I introduced her to my friends Sunday and I don't think she talked at all to them, even though I would bring her into the conversation. It's weird. She really should have gone away for college, but what can you do.

Saturday, I'm jumping around, I saw Alt-J and I wasn't a fan of them until I saw him. It all comes together live and now I do believe they are deserving of their Mercury Prize. I caught the setlist for Alex and got trampled for it.

I am so damn tired and kind of homesick. I miss Jaxson.

No comments:

Post a Comment