Saturday, July 27, 2013

give my love to a shooting star.

So, San Cisco was a really nice show, as always. I actually got to meet Jordi Davieson and Scarlett Stevens and I'm really happy I met Scarlett, but Jordi came off as cold and pretty much the exact opposite of what I inferred from all the videos and interviews I've seen of them. I kind of wish I didn't meet him because it just kind of makes me sad now. He gives a really strong handshake, if you were wondering. Scarlett was an absolute doll, like I expected and she told me that I should play the drums because she said that there needs to be more female drummers out there. I totally agree with her, but the bass is really my instrument.

I even met the lead singer from Smallpools, Sean Scanlon. He was explaining to Brenna, Toni and Charlie that this was their first tour ever and their second show in New York (They played the Brooklyn Bowl I believe a couple days earlier.) I don't really like talking to people in groups. Let me rephrase: if I want to meet someone for the first time, I will want to speak with them one-on-one because I'm more comfortable that way. Don't ask why, but that's just how I am. I digress. So, they leave to go speak with San Cisco and he's standing on his own and I go to tell him about how much I enjoyed his show and whatnot. I honestly was not lying when I told him that his show was the best show I've seen live. Like I remember standing in the crowd and being totally blown away by the energy. They got mad bonus points for covering New Radicals's "You Only Get What You Give".

He seemed really shocked when I told him that and he hugged me. We talked for about five minutes and I told him that I would be upfront when they came back to New York and he said he expected to see me there.

It's interactions like that that make fans. I had no more money so I couldn't buy their EP, but I went home and immediately downloaded their EP. He was really, really, really sweet and yeah. I do hope I get to speak with him again.

New Order was fantastic. I couldn't really see the stage because we got there real late, but just to catch a glimpse of Bernard Sumner and to hear "Bizarre Love Triangle" was enough for me. It was a lot like when I saw Stornoway at Somerset House. Williamsburg was a couple blocks away from the water and the sun was going down as they played. If you ever get the chance to see New Order, please do. It's really worth it.

On another note, H&M was running some sort of booth there and I got a coupon for 15% off my purchases until December 31st. I'm totally down with that.

I'm in Florida now.

No comments:

Post a Comment